Douglas County Health Department

Ava, Missouri

  • Blood pressure checks at DCHD provided daily during regular business hours
  • Blood pressure/BMI/A1C: 1st Tuesday of each month at Plainview School (8:00-10:00 a.m.)
  • Blood pressure/BMI/A1C:  2nd Tuesday of each month at Skyline School (8:00-10:00 a.m.)
  • Blood pressure/BMI/A1C:  3rd Tuesday of each month at Senior Center (9:00-11:30 a.m.)
  • Blood pressure/BMI/A1C:  4th Tuesday of each month at Redbud Senior Housing (8:30-10:30a.m.)
  • BMI Assessment provided daily during regular business hours
  • Car Seat Checks:  Call for staff availability  
  • Cholesterol screening as funding is available
  • Chronic Disease Self-Management Classes:  call for class schedule
  • TB Testing available on Mondays and Tuesdays during regular business hours
  • Water sampling kits:  Available during regular business hours - $10 fee


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.